On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Tim Saueressig, thepixelz.com
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  - get paralles under osx or another openbsd box
>  - install openbsd as usual
>  - cvs up to current
>  - build kernel + userland or take a snapshot
>  - copy RAMDISK_CD to RAMDISK_CD.orig
>  - copy the 4 lines in GENERIC.MP to your RAMDISK_CD without the include
>  - enable all the acpi stuff in your ramdisk like in GENERIC
>  - enable  uhid* at uhidev?
>  - read http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Release
>  - build a release and burn the installiso
>
>  this could take some time, be warned ;)
>
>  regards
>  tim

Thank you Tim!
I've managed to install OpenBSD 4.2 now following those steps.

The bsd.rd from -current fails to boot however. I am not sure if this
is due to the bug that has been reported as kernel/5653, because on my
macbook booting the -current bsd.rd hangs at a line telling me that
uhid* at uhidev? is not configured although I have attached uhid* at
uhidev? in the RAMDISK_CD configuration file. The GENERIC.MP kernel
from -currents boots fine though (without modification).

I will stick with 4.2 for now and update to 4.3 when it's released
manually (without using bsd.rd).

My Atheros AR5418 wireless card is not supported in 4.2 and -current
so I bought myself an Asus WL-167G USB2.0 WLAN Adapter that is working
perfect thanks to the great driver (rum) written by Niall O'Higgins
and Damien Bergamini!

My NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor is not recognized by the kernel:

vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 vendor "NVIDIA", unknown product 0x0407 rev 0xa,

so I am forced to use the vesa driver. The performance of X is
reasonable at a resolution of 1024x768 and depth 16. When using a
resolution of 1440x900 (which is only possible with depth 24) X is
unusable slow.

But I am pretty satisfied with the performance of OpenBSD on my
macbook pro anyway (the wlan adapter was not very expensive and I am
not using X that much).

Regards,
Max.