pop-before-smtp is highly insecure.
Use SMTP auth.

-Adam

On Feb 26, 2008, at 6:33 PM, Juan Miscaro wrote:

--- Cameron Schaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Juan Miscaro wrote:
Are there standard solutions for dealing with the obvious collision
between pop-before-smtp and spamd (in greylisting mode)?  I know
many
will say to use SMTP AUTH but right now I want to try to get my
current
setup to work.  My first idea was to hack the pop-before-smtp Perl
script to have the thing (daemon) add connecting/authenticating
sender
IPs to a pf whitelist table.  I'm running OpenBSD 4.2 (stable) with
Postfix 2.5.

Why not use port 587 to send mail, instead of port 25, and only allow

SMTP Auth from this port.

Right now I'm talking about using pop-before-smtp.

/juan

http://www.flickr.com/gift/