From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Fabian Heusser
Sent: 27. febrzar 2008 17:47
To: Zlfar M. E. Johnson
Subject: Re: P2V with VMWare -> "ERR M"

Sorry, I refered to the second example in installboot(8) :
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=installboot&apropos=0&sektion=0&;
manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

It's the same as this step from your linked FAQ
# cp /usr/mdec/boot /mnt/boot
# /usr/mdec/installboot -v /mnt/boot /usr/mdec/biosboot sd0

Yes a howto would be nice, for windows there are many, for linux some,
and for Openbsd not so many.
But as Nick said, it's realy simple if you go the dump/restore route.
It's 90% percent of the FAQ you are referring. But If you go the
Diskimage route it's not so easy.

In the FAQ, they restore first / and boot into single user mode and
then restore the rest.
Does somone know if it makes any difference if i restore all
partitions in one step and then booting in the finished restore?

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Zlfar M. E. Johnson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Did you use http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#Backup to restore your
old
>  box to a vmware server image.  The only part I am confused by is " At the
end

> I installed the boot loader as described in the manpages with success."
What

http://www.flickr.com/photos/w3p706/