On 2008-03-05, Antti Harri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>
>> If you are able to, please submit a dmesglog of the running machine to
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- with the Subject: set to the type of your machine
>> (ie. SunFire V215, or IBM eServer 325 or such) -- and PLEASE avoid the
>> use of MIME, but instead send your messages without any special
>> encoding since it lets our developers grep easily through the logs
>> looking for specific machines when they are fixing bugs.  Recently, I
>> have had to start deleting the MIME submissions with the SPAM.
>
> Is this working for mail systems that are behind NAT/hidden otherwise?
> Or would I have to "proxy" my dmesgs through a "real" server rather than
> using the default sendmail setup on the test machines?

It's always a good idea to make sure they're sent from an address which
works, so people can get back to you if they have questions. I usually
mail them to myself and then forward them (plaintext, inline, cutting out
the "Forwarded from ..." junk) to [EMAIL PROTECTED] This has another advantage
that
they're then in a local Sent folder if I need to find them again later.