* Unix Fan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-03-05 09:51:09]:

> I've been noticing a similar problem with Firefox on OpenBSD...
>

> Try going to http://www.blahsfkfefe.non-existant/ and then trying a known
> site like http://www.google.ca/ .. It just locks up..
>

> If this is an issue with OpenBSD's resolver, why don't the developers fix it?
>

> -Nix Fan.

I can't duplicate your problem on amd64-beta and version 2.0.0.12.

However, I have seen behavior similar to what you describe.  I don't
think it's an issue with the stub resolver, since I've not seen
this with any other application that is or runs on OpenBSD.  It is
very likely this is a bug in the firefox/mozilla code which I have
suspected before is DNS-related but could be so many other things
as well.

--
Travers Buda