On 2008-03-06, Jose Fragoso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, Stuart! Thanks for the hint. # scsi -f /dev/rsd0c -m 8
> IC:  0
> ABPF:  0
> CAP:  0
> DISC:  1
> SIZE:  0
> WCE:  0
> MF:  0
> RCD:  0
> Demand Retention Priority:  0
> Write Retention Priority:  0
> Disable Pre-fetch Transfer Length:  65535
> Minimum Pre-fetch:  0
> Maximum Pre-fetch:  65535
> Maximum Pre-fetch Ceiling:  65535
> WCE being 0, means it is not enabled?

Correct

> If so, how can one enable it?

As far as I know, you should normally have write cache disabled
on SCSI. I don't see how this can account for 10 seconds to update
a dir entry...

You can edit the code page with scsi(8). This change is saved
permanently. But I think you should leave it alone.

> From
> top, I see mv goes to sleep state. On the WAIT, it showsgetblk. CPU usage
> is 0.05%. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Josi

"What does top say? look at what state mv is in, **> WHAT CPU% IS USED
IN INTERRUPT <**, whether there's something else running that hits the
disks."

Can you just paste in all the top output while it's running?
(top|cat is easy to paste).