Thanks for your help :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Richard Toohey
Sent: vrijdag 14 maart 2008 8:31
To: Erwin van Maanen
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: dhcpd rc bug?

On 14/03/2008, at 8:15 PM, Erwin van Maanen wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I found out i couldn't disable my dhcp daemon yesterday and i think
> i've traced the problem to this in /etc/rc:
>
>       if [ X"${dhcpd_flags}" != X"NO" -a -f /etc/dhcpd.conf ]; then
>
> Now i have no clue what " -a -f " does (anyone care to point me to the
> right manual?), but just setting dhcpd_flags=NO in rc.conf didn't
> disable it.
> I had to rename the file dhcpd.conf file, so i guess the line does an
> OR comparison instead of an AND comparison, anyone care to enlighten
> me or did i actually find a minor bug?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Erwin van Maanen
> ACMEWeb I.S.

man test

      -f file       True if file exists and is a regular file.

      expression1 -a expression2
                    True if both expression1 and expression2 are true.

So I would read the logic to be ...

If dhcp_flags not eq NO AND the named file exists then do whatever ...

Which means - I think - that you should not have seen the behaviour that you
did.

What EXACTLY did you put in rc.conf, and what did you do after changing it
(i.e. to get it to notice your change?)

And nothing relevant in rc.conf.local?

HTH a bit