I'm quite well aware of that,... I've been building embedded UNIX-like
systems for 10years now.

 The main reason I want to use the OpenBSD kernel is I'm interested in
using OpenBGP/OpenOSPF and really don't fancy porting both to
GNU/Linux and also brokering a truce between Theo and Linus, so that I
can do this port without license conflicts.
 (Mmmmmmmmm wonder what the chances are that I could get that right in
the first place???)

 It appears that the error I was experiencing earlier is due to GNU
extensions to libc being called that are not present in the OpenBSD
 libc. Can someone confirm this?

--
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some from behind.