I am running 4.1 on several servers, one thing I found was the
surprise on needing the X package to install some of the non x-windows
ports due to dependencies within that tree.  I think it was for the
graphics libraries, either way, I installed the x packages and all is
well.

But I remember reading in a FAQ or release notes somewhere that this
was a mistake and would be fixed in the next version of OpenBSD (ie,
remove the dependency on the x-windows system for these libraries).

I am about to install a bunch of 4.2 servers, is this dependency fixed
in 4.2?  Or is that a 4.3 target?

Regards

Mikel