On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:16:05 -0400
"Richard Daemon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Preston Kutzner
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <---snip--->
> It's not by chance your PF state table that may be maxed?

I'm not using PF on this box, so I wouldn't think it is.  PF is running
on a different piece of hardware and forwarding to this box.  It hasn't
had any problems.  When this machine locks up, I can't even ping out
from this box.  I get nothing in the logs after a lock-up either, which
makes it all the more frustrating.

I've tried making changes like upping kern.maxclusters,
net.inet.tcp.recvspace/sendspace, net.inet.udp.recvspace/sendspace,
net.inet.icmp.errppslimit and inet.inet.ip.maxqueue, but those changes
only wound up making it lock-up more frequently.

The only changes that seemed to help were upping kern.maxfiles,
kern.maxproc, and kern.somaxconn.  And while increasing values for
these options helped some (in the form of making lock-ups less
frequent), I'm still getting them.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]