Since there seems to be a bug with cvs checkouts (dies with:

cvs [server aborted]: out of memory; can not allocate 2937909 bytes
on x86 32-bit platforms,
cvs [server aborted]: out of memory; can not reallocate 5242880 bytes
on amd64 64-bit platforms and
cvs [server aborted]: out of memory; can not reallocate 5242880 bytes
on Windows CVS GUI clients)

is there anywhere I can download a tarball of the latest snapshot?

--
Ed V.
3 April 2008 14:28:24

I gather, young man, that you wish to be a Member of Parliament.
 The first lesson that you must learn is, when I call for
statistics about the rate of infant mortality, what I want is
proof that fewer babies died when I was Prime Minister than when
anyone else was Prime Minister.  That is a political statistic.
- Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill