Hi Kavitha,

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 01:13:48AM -0700, kavitha reddy wrote:
| hi anyone,
|   Iam doing my research work on denial of service in ipv6.As a part
| of this , i would like to get an ipv6 address to my system.Can
| anyone help me in this regard.
|   Is there anyone who can answer this

Since you're posting to an OpenBSD mailinglist, I'm assuming you're
running OpenBSD. In this case, it's quite easy but it depends on
what you want exactly. Your system comes with IPv6 enabled by default,
you can already connect localhost over v6 (ping6 ::1) and if you have
a network with multiple IPv6-capable (and enabled) machines, you can
find them from your OpenBSD machine by using `ping6 -w ff02::1%if0`
(replace if0 with the interface that is connected to your network)

However, I think what you really want is to connect to the global IPv6
internet. For this you will need IP space (or simply an address) from
your current ISP or from a tunnelbroker. Contact your ISP and ask them
for IPv6 addresses. If they stare at you with blankly, they probably
won't be able to supply you with v6. In this case, find a suitable
tunnelbroker (I personally use SixXS (http://www.sixxs.net/)) and set
up a tunnel.

Happy v6'ing !

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd