hi all,
i experience some strange problems here, maybe someone can help me. in
fact, i have two problems:

1) i set up a vsftp server, which is working just fine. but ssl
connections get dropped just at the point of TLS handshaking. my config
is: only local users, force ssl logins and data. i tried several
clients, it seems it is a problem at the server. what have i done wrong?
without ssl all is working fine. the log doesn't say much or am i
looking at the wrong one (/var/log/vsftpd.log).

2) the hardware is an alix2c3 board. it works good so far, but the
compact flash card is terribly slow. i know cf are slow, but i get max
400kb/s read/write (dd if=/dev/zero of=/local/file). the card achieves
much higher rates with my EOS camera or my mac (~20mb/s). i found a
mailing list post about the fact, that freebsd is at about that speed,
just openbsd is that slow. is that right? is this a problem of openbsd,
may i concern switching to freebsd? has anybody solved this issue? i
tried noatime and ffs mount options - it feels speedier now, but it is
still behind my internet connection (which isnt very fast, btw).
enabling DMA mode of the alix seems not to have any impact. any hints?

thanks for any answers!

greetings,
manuel