On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:12:08AM -0700, Unix Fan wrote:
> I found an old email on the mailing lists, dating back to 1996, when Theo
> announced users could connect and chat with the developers on their ICB
> server.
>
> I'm wondering, when did it go private? Why can't users join and chat.. or
> idle.. and watch OpenBSD development as it takes place, are there any other
> places to go besides -cvs?

Went private at some point in the past, in fact before I became a developer.

As a result, there's a lot of stuff on that channel, and not all of
it is technical.

You've got to realize, there are not that many people with commit rights
to the tree. After years working together, we know one another, so things
about family matters appear on the channel, or lots of private jokes.

This stuff is definitely written with the expectation that no outsiders
are listening. And it's good that way.

Some public stuff goes on in [EMAIL PROTECTED] or inside the tree proper.

Sorry, we don't even have time to do everything we would like,
development-wise and documentation-wise, so sanitizing private communication
stuff to extract only the public parts is out of the question.