On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 01:13:40PM +1000, mufurcz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've got a few Lenovo T61 with Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M video cards.
>
> As far as I know, these cards are based on the GeForce 8400M G or GS
> chip set (not an expert), and provides some entry level 3D performance,
> more than enough to run X.
>
> Will this cards supported in the upcoming 4.3?

My R61 has got the same card, it's supported in 4.3, to the extent that
I have the full panel resolution correctly detected.

However, X is slow, really slow. And there's no acceleration for anything,
including no xvideo mode.

xvidtune doesn't allow any other mode but the native mode.

So, depends what you intend. Basic desk work with `normal apps' like xterm:
no issue.

Fast stuff with accelerated graphics, video -> stay away !!!!

Maybe nouveau will be better.

It's so fucking hard to find a correct laptop where most everything will
work correctly these days...