Damon McMahon wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Can anyone enlighten me as to why DHCP clients are no longer
> retrieving their domain name from my OpenBSD DHCP/DNS server which I
> recently upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3 via 4.2? DHCP and DNS seems to
> functioning normally otherwise...
>
> Any advice appreciated (as always),
> Damon

it is your DHCP /SERVER/ machine which was upgraded, not the clients
(I say this because I started out the note thinking it was a client
that was upgraded and no longer fetching from the DHCP server)

Show us what is happening, what you expected to happen, why you expected
etc., rather than diagnosing the problem for us. :)

Contents of dhcpd.conf would be interesting, as well as any message
in /var/log/daemon regarding dhcpd.

More details on what you did for the upgrade might also be interesting,
as a fair number of people (including me) have upgraded their DHCP
servers from 4.1 (and before) to 4.2 to 4.3 without reporting this
problem, so my guess at this point is either something strange was done
during the upgrade process or the problem is not directly related to
the upgrade.

There isn't much to dhcpd: dhcpd.conf and /usr/sbin/dhcpd are about it.
Some other files launch it, but if it is running, it will be mostly
those two files.  dhcpd was replaced in the upgrade process, dhcpd.conf
/should/ be untouched.  Looking at the dates on those files will tell
a few things, I suspect.

Nick.