Hello misc@,
I have am Opteron box that is running 4.2 i386 right now, due to the fact that
cvsupd doesn't compile on amd64. However, I've converted to cvsync and I am
willing to upgrade to amd64. I'm almost positive such upgrade is unsuported;
however, maybe someone has succeeded in upgrading this way. I'm just planning
to go through regular upgrade, hoping that most of the stuff will get
overwritten to amd64 libs and binaries. Please let me know if that's a
terrible idea before I proceed. I could obviously do a clean install, but it
would take little more effort to complete.
Thanks and I appreciate your input.