On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 8:09 AM, LEVAI Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I'm in need of a 1U IBM (or Dell as a last resort) server for a firewall
>  in our office.  ... working perfectly with OpenBSD 4.3.

We started out pricing Dell and IBM, but ran into the same issue --
it can be tricky to price out a specification that "works perfectly",
and even with a corporate discount, these can be expensive vendors.

In the end we went with KD85 for rackmount PF firewalls,
and IronSystems for servers with fast CPU and big disks.

Came in under budget, supported "OpenBSD friendly" vendors,
and both classes of machine came with OpenBSD pre-installed.

Kevin