I've been trying to get my new ral(4) card to work like I would expect it
to. I've read through most if not all the talk on misc@ about running these
cards in hostap mode.  I would really like to replace my wi(4), which
works really well, with my new ral(4) and enjoy 11g and later wpa.
Sadly, the performance is just not there in both 11b or 11g modes.

Some info, the ral(4) is a Gigabyte GN-WP01GS which is an RT2561S.  My
basic hostname.ral0 reads: inet 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 NONE media
autoselect mode 11g mediaopt hostap nwid my_net nwkey secret chan 11.
I've enabled RAL_DEBUG in my kernel and selected one of the standard
channels with the highest power.  This is on 4.2 -release + patches.  If
anyone has any new or additional information that might be helpful I
would greatly appreciate it, otherwise I guess I'll stick to my trusted
wi(4).

--
James Turner
BSD Group Consulting