On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 10:39:39AM +1000, Olivier Mehani wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> After reading [0], [1] and [2] once again (it never hurts, hey?), I
> started wondering the following.
>
> We know [3] that big parts of OpenBSD releases, for several
> archs, are built in Theo's basement [4]. But what I have not been able
> to work out is what version of OpenBSD these machines are actually
> running.  Is this -current, or the latest -stable?
>
> Moreover, when it comes to upgrading these machines, what is the
> preferred way to do so? Is this using the freshly backed new install
> media to upgrade, maybe bsd.rd [5], or is it a complete reinstall?

OpenBSD, as a general rule, can only be built on a system "close" to the
target: -release to -stable, -current to a -current released not much
later, and so on. So I'm fairly certain the machines used for -stable
run -stable, etc.

In general, upgrading is done by the documented upgrade procedure,
although those specific machines could be handled another way. I don't
know.

                Joachim

--
TFMotD: evcount, evcount_attach, evcount_detach (9) - generic interrupt
and event counter kernel API