On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Douglas A. Tutty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Or, I need to send a formatted document to a non unix user and the best
> common display format is pdf.  So, I make a pdf of my document and email
> it to them.  Also no need for displaying or X.
>
> Are there other ports that require X11 for internal use even if you
> don't need to display?  If so, perhaps the xbase install set should be
> split into xlibs and xbase so that less needs to be installed on a
> non-display box for these ports to work.

xetex (part of texlive) requires freetype.

Leave things as they are. Do you have such a small hard disk that you
cant fit X on? TeXLive is massive anyway, so the chances are you have
a large disk anyway.

I have no plans to make a no_x11 port. Sorry.

--

Best Regards

Edd

http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett