hi,

I have an imap server (dovecot) that can auhenticate using BSD authentication. however, when imap server requests authenitcation for user xyzzy, I'd like the bsd authentication layer to authenticate user 'xyzzy/mail' (which has a separate password in kerberos). I can see multiple solutions to this:

1) have dovecot rewrite the username before sending it to bsdauth

2) have bsdauth add /main to the username before authentication. this might be more generic and will make it easier for other apps to use separate password for some apps (using an option to login.conf).

comments and/or ideas?

        jakob