On Mon, 12 May 2008 16:37:38 +0700, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2008-05-12, Insan Praja SW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Since I got an Gigabyte motherboard, and installed 4.2-Stable and now
4.3-Stable, I cannot get re(4) (Dlink H/W) working with VLANs. When I use VLAN on them, I can ping it, but when I tried to ssh or other services, it
wont work. We use 100mbps link on it.

Your message isn't absolutely clear, do you mean that the same NIC
worked on some other motherboard, or is it a new NIC and new motherboard?

re0 at pci1 dev 5 function 0 "Realtek 8169SC" rev 0x10: RTL8169/8110SCd
(0x1800), apic 2 int 21 (irq 10), address 00:1a:4d:6f:b4:52
rgephy0 at re0 phy 7: RTL8169S/8110S PHY, rev. 2

There's a known problem with multicast on this particular revision
of nic (and also RTL8169/8110SB 0x1000) with, as far as I can make out,
all but the newest version of the vendor's driver (carp, ipv6 and
ospf use multicast), that shouldn't affect vlan, but maybe there is
some other problem people haven't noticed before.

The 0x1800 is used on Jetway J7F2
The 0x1000 is used on the Thecus N2100

The vendor driver for these NICs is a great example of why we want
full programming data sheets and lists of errata, not just "open
source drivers" filled with hundreds of magic numbers.

Hi Stuart and Misc@,
This is a onboard interfaces, actually. Well maybe I can recreate the tcpdump I made between this machine to others or reverse. and for the record, when not using vlan on it, it works just ok.
Thanks,

Insan
--
insandotpraja(at)gmaildotcom