Any recommendations for an Ethernet card that fits into a PCI Express x8 slot? I didn't see anything specific on the hardware page or in the archives.

This is for a Dell CR100 OEM server. The spec sheet mentions the usual two Broadcom gigabit Ethernet interfaces, plus a "PCI Express x8 (1-lane)" slot.

I'm not familiar with this slot, but it's much shorter than other PCI slots I've seen, around 50 mm long. If I'm reading the riser card correctly, the slot has 98 pins. None of the relatively old Ethernet NICs I have lying around will fit in this slot.

Speed is unimportant; this is just for carp and pfsync between a pair of these boxes.

thanks

dn