Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2008-05-20, Daniel Melameth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Might be an MTU issue.

Probably. Microsoft block *all* ICMP at their border. (you at the back of
the classroom, stop sniggering.. :-)

"scrub max-mss" should work around it, or [EMAIL PROTECTED] may be
able to get in touch with the admin of the server/s you're having problems
with and ask them to enable PMTU blackhole detection.

Here's a relevant NANOG thread to read if you need a fix of conspiracy
theories, pointing and laughing, etc, that aren't really necessary here
on [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]/msg01711.html

What an enjoyable read!  I read the whole thread.

In the end I added max-mss 1400 to my existing scrub rule and voila! msn loaded right up (after I had to accept about 15 cookies).

Interestingly enough, the date of the nanog thread's beginning almost exactly coincides with when the problem was first reported to me. Yes, it admittedly wasn't high priority for me, until today at least.

Many thanks, Stuart, from the bottom of my un-tarred and feathered heart! Too bad you can't ever really convince the users that it really is Microsoft's fault.

Jeff