hi all
my tp x31 is well supported by the beloved openbsd according to
http://www.openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html
and in my dmesg i see that my card is recognized
but the light indicator for wireless connection can not be turned on
I've tried dhclient ipw0
no luck neither

do i need some kind of firmware to get it working ?

what does it mean by firmware and how do i go about to install it?

btw; what are the usual commands for configuring a wireless card ?
can someone kindly type some examples please ?
for example: what commands give a list of available wireless connections ?
and what command let me choose one of these ? etc

my school offers a wireless connection without any passwords and stuff
so all i need is the most basic config

many thanks in advance