* elflord woods wrote:

> I have two laptops running linux and openbsd, both with a working
> wireless card.
>
> I am wondering if i can connect these two computers directly and
> communicate between each other wirelessly
>
> I'm a network nut and have no idea if this is possible.
> Thanks

this is possible and it is easy.  give both machines a (different)
IP address within the same net.  which parts of the IP addresses
are consider "the net" depends on the netmask.  for simplicity,
choose the following values, e.g.:

netmask 255.255.255.0 on both machines
broadcast address 192.168.1.255 on both machines

host A

IP address 192.168.1.1

host B

IP address 192.168.1.2

you configure the network using the ifconfig command (enter it
without any options to see the list of available interfaces).

Once setup, you ping the other host using these (private) IP
addresses.

Good luck, there is a lot information in the man pages and in the
FAQ, go read it if you run into trouble.