Hi all, I'm using OpenBSD 4.2.

I would like to make my OpenBSD box to download torrents and to add new
torrents by ssh so I installed rtorrent.

I experienced a really huge memory use of the program to hash (check I
think) the actual downloads. I know this client has to do the checks but
I would like to "jail" the program on a 64 MB environment (my box have 1
GB RAM) to make able to the machine to run a lot of things, but I can't
stop the hashes eat all my RAM, even setting ulimit -m and the
.rtorrent.rc max_memory_usage variable to 64M and less, but rtorrent
still makes my computer to allocate everything I'm using into swap an
HD, really really slow.

I know that many simultaneous downloads using a "bittorrent-like" client
may cause system problems but I'm only doing 5 downloads.

I have tested many different configs and always get problems, some times
the client freezes (loose download time, because it's doing nothing for
about 10 seconds every minute), some times I lost all the RAM and
browsing the net, using xchat, compile programs and stuff like that
becomes really slow.

Anyone have found a good .rtorrent.rc configuration to make
freeze/ram-use dissapear?

Thanks for your time.  -Jesus