Hello,

I just imported ix(4), a driver for the Intel 82598EB 10 Gigabit
Ethernet adapters. It is based on Intel's ixgbe FreeBSD driver, with
many local changes for OpenBSD.

The driver is fully-operational and survived some long-time tests, I
had to work on borrowed hardware from another company since Intel
didn't provide us any cards. It is currently not sure how to maintain
the driver in the future without having cards in the project.

John Ronciak from Intel told me told me that they don't have more
cards to give away. It is purely a business case issue; a lot of
customer have asked for FreeBSD, they got two cards, but nobody asked
for an OpenBSD driver. He told me that they're doing the right for
their customers. But of course I could still buy them on the open
market.

Anyway, have fun with ix(4), it may become more common on the market.

Reyk