Marco S Hyman wrote:
 > CWM web site one needs to edit
> > ~/.calmwm

Ignore the CWM web site.  It is for a version of cwm that is far
different than that in the OpenBSD source tree.   Anything you
read there is likely to lead to confusion.

Example: ~/.calmwm is a *directory* typically containing symbolic links
to applictions that will be run. ~/.cwmrc is a file.

 > Even after the editing ~/.cwmrc I could not
> open the menu with the right button on the mouse which according to > CWM web-site should list the applications. > > That was on OpenBSD 4.2 release. I have not pursue the issue seriously > as according to

Uhhh, in 4.2 release .cwmrc didn't exist.   It was added somewhat
recently, I think after 4.3.
You are right!!!

quote from man pages:

the *cwmrc* file format first appeared in OpenBSD 4.4.

I think that is why I stop playing with it. I do run current only on one machine.

You are right about CWM web-site. It is just confusing. My understanding is that CWM from the base at this point is really OpenBSD fork of CWM. Thanks for info regarding Xinerama. I was not aware of it because according to CWM web-site CWM doesn't support Xinerama.

Best,
Predrag

 > Another feature that is appealing for me is
> Xinerama support. Again that might make code more bloated which I do not > want to see.

I ran cwm on a dual headed system usinx Xinerama.   No special support
was needed.

My desktop is now a Mac so I don't use cwm that often any more.  It is
still my window manager of choice when on my older laptop.

// marc