Markus wrote:
Good evening,

I'm setting off for writing prototype code for an imaging
application. For this reason, I'm in need of an extremely fast way to transport large amounts of UDP data to a userland application.
A socket implementation does not perform very well, which is the
reason why I'm looking for a better solution to minimize processing time. My initial idea was to already filter the traffic with bpf and only hand the datagrams (or parts of them) I really want out of kernel space.

Hi,
  Could you forward or post the profile data that shows the hot
spot(s) in the kernel? It would be very instructive.
   thanks
     geoff steckel