Paul Irofti wrote:
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:15:54PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
Hi,

As it seems my last two project ideas for my degree have fallen through, I wonder if anyone here has any ideas for software projects which are:

a) Useful
b) Conceptually new

Ideas need not be OpenBSD based, but it's a bonus if it is.

Usually a project consists of a software build and a write up.

Do the CLI SIP Phone! I wanted to code that for so long, but the SIP
protocol and its friends tend to go so far as time just wasn't enough.
But it would be pretty cool to have that.

i would absolutely love to see this one go and it would be very useful.
maybe script some ssh-ing into it to allow for easy proper call
encryption? ;)

i have some further feature suggestions that could push it into the
'conceptually new' category. not for public consumption....

cheers,
jake