On 2008-06-25, What you get is Not what you see <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have openbsd 4.1 GENERIC#1435 i386 on a server.
> I am following the guidelines at http://www.kernel-panic.it/openbsd/pdc/
> to have a PDC with virus scan etc. But I got some error messages during
> 2-3 days and am progressing slowly (I mean I resolve the error messages
> day by day).

The guide was updated fairly recently, so it appears to be actively
maintained. If you followed it carefully and had problems, why not
give feedback to the author so it can be made clearer? If you didn't
document what you did, perhaps it might be an idea to start again
and log your commands and the output with script(8). You might find
that just by starting again, things work better.

> I think there is a problem with ldap.Because at the beginning the command
> # ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
> didnt yield any output. Now its yielding a correct output.
> But this time the command
> #slapcat or slaptest
> yileds this
> "ldbm_back_db_open: database already in use
> backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (-1)
> slap_startup failed"
> And also the command
> #smbldap-groupadd -g 1500 Accounting
> gives this error
> "/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd: error adding group Accounting."
>
> Something strange happens.
> I have also dns serving on this machine.
> I guess there are some problems with ldbm which I cant solve.

Having problems which you aren't given the information to solve
is fairly common with guides in the "howto" style. Working things
out for yourself increases your ability to fix problems that you
may run into...