Are there any PPC hackers on this list? I posted the following message
the openbsd-ppc list but there doesn't seem to be much activity there. I
found this message:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ppc&m=119662985806682&w=2
from 12/2007 but so far, no response.

  Anyway, I'm trying to install OpenBSD 4.3 on my Mac G4/400 (PCI) and
keep getting
messages along the lines:

  "wd0(pci ide0:0:0): timeout     type: ata     c_bcount: 16384
   c_skip: 0...wd0g: device timeout writing fsbn ..."

I've tried the install using two different 80G drives (a Maxtor and a
Western Digital) but
encounter the same problem, so it seems to be an IDE controller issue
more than anything
(I'm using the onboard IDE controller with a single drive on ide:0)

Once the timeouts begin I pretty much lose all ability to control the
box even though
it still responds to pings (SSH just hangs as well). I know the Mac is
OK because I've
been running OSX on it for years. ;-)

Thanks!

don