On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:34:33PM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 06:56:00PM -0300, Daniel B. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've updated to the today -current and I can't install packages as I
> > usually do.
> >
> > # export
> > PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/i386
>
> man pkg_add
>
> ... Since a few URL schemes contain colons, pkg_add relies on each
> directory ending in a / ...

Paradoxically, that's me trying to relax that limitation.

I've changed the code that reads PKG_PATH from separating things on
/:, then parsing each path independently, to having the url parser
interpret the whole string, and figure out by itself where to cut things.

Along the process, the version in snapshots is the one where the url parser
does insist on the terminating /.

The further change I committed yesterday does much finer url parsing, so
that in many cases, the / requirement at end should be dropped: new pkg_add
will parse PKG_PATH like a human would, and figure out which : are parts of
urls, and which : are separators between urls...