Marc Balmer wrote:
today I got my eeepc 900 and was eager to install 4.3-current on it.
So I downloaded the latest snapshot of bsd.rd and pxeboot and netbooted
the eee. Sadly the kernel boot stops after attaching pciide0 at pci0.

I also tried to boot /bsd.rd -d  in the hope to get more information
about what is going on but with no difference. Anyone here who has made
experiences with the 9" model? I'd like to provide the dmesg but I don't
have a USB<->RS232.

That is a "known problem", my Eee PC 900 behaves the same.  It will,
however, boot correctly in about 1 out of 10 boots.

I don't have experience with pxe or net booting, but I am booting a snapshot from around 20080617 from an 8GB SD card on an eee 900 with almost no problems. I suppose about 1 in 10 boots it hangs, can't remember where, I will take more notice next time. But the other 9 times out of 10 it boots fine. No wlan obviously but otherwise its great, I have KDE 3.5.9 running and performance is quite good. I take it with me on my bicycle :)

Cheers, Craig