* Erich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-06-26 06:39]:
> Hi,
>
> i haven an bgpd that is randonly crashing to on 2 openbsd 4.2 boxes, but
> its not while
> the reconfiguring process.
>
> Jun 24 16:08:13 router1 bgpd[3063]: Lost child: route decision engine
> terminated; signal 11
> Jun 24 16:08:13 router1 bgpd[189]: fatal in SE: session_dispatch_imsg: pipe
> closed: Operation now i
> n progress
>
> what is needed to do for debuging here?

the last "Operation now in progress" is wrong and should be ignored,
we fixed the error reporting. the issue here is the rde dieing with
sig11, which can be caused by about anything between programming error
and bad hardware.

in general, you want to compile bgpd with debugging symbols (-g), then
attach gdb to the process that is the culprit (rde here), "cont" and
wait for the problem to show up. then get a backtrace ("bt").

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de