Hi OpenBSD devs,

I wonder what would be needed to get SerDes support into bnx(4).
According to webcvs, rev 1.52 of bnx:
Add the BCM5709 PCI device Id. It is disabled for now since we do not
support SerDes-based (1000base-SX fibre) bnx(4) devices yet. The
reason is simple - we do not have any fibre bnx(4) to test and port
the SerDes changes from the other bnx drivers.

>From brad found in the Linux driver

I'm trying to install OpenBSD (4.3) on a HP BL465c G1 / G5 blade and those
boxes have SerDes only.

Since I'm really not a kernel developer, would it be possible to get SerDes
support for these chipsets if I would donate a HP Bladecenter with at least
one of those blades (and power supply and internal cisco switch obviously)?
Yes, we're talking about a full functional HP Bladecenter, but probably
just equipped with one or two of them blades...

Right now I'm running FreeBSD on those blades without problems... I guess
porting from FreeBSD could be easier than porting from Linux.
Some informations about the hardware (taken from FreeBSD in that case):
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:2:3:0:        class=0x020000 card=0x310c103c chip=0x16aa14e4
rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device     = 'BCM5706S NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:2:4:0:        class=0x020000 card=0x310c103c chip=0x16aa14e4
rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device     = 'BCM5706S NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <~>uname -a
FreeBSD db46-202.mobile.rz 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Wed Jul  2
09:51:22 CEST 2008
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <~>ifconfig bce0
bce0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500

options=1bb<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4>
        ether 00:1c:c4:a8:9a:44
        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseSX <full-duplex>)
        status: active
        lagg: laggdev lagg0

best regards and keep up the good work on OpenBSD,
Marian

PS.: I really can't promise the donation, but if it would get me closer to
SerDes support, it'll be quite probable... :)
PPS.: I'm giving the latest -current snapshot in amd64 a try today...
perhaps I missed something and there already is SerDes support...