Hi Stuart,

Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2008-07-07, Sebastian Reitenbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have a question regarding equal-cost multipath routing.
>
> oh damn, forgot about that when I suggested mpath :( of course,
> that's to prevent packets arriving out of order and destroying TCP
> performance.
>
> > So I read the FAQ regarding the topic, and the mentioned RFC 2992.
> >
> > In the RFC I read:
> > One method for determining which next-hop to use when routing with
> >    ECMP can be called hash-threshold.
>
> yes, that's what we do, see rtalloc_mpath() in sys/net/radix_mpath.c

Thanks again for the valuable input. I found that Linux has sth. implemented
that they call: Linux TEQL (True Link Equalizer)
http://etutorials.org/Networking/Integrated+cisco+and+unix+network+architectures/Chapter+8.

+Static+Routing+Concepts/Linux+TEQL+True+Link+Equalizer/

I haven't tested it yet, but it seems, this could do the trick for me.

Sebastian