On Wednesday 09 July 2008 13:58:33 David Wilk wrote:
> I'm not one to condone shitty attitudes.
>
> However, I think in this case it's unfair to claim that one can have
> no expectations of OpenBSD with regards to security patches.  If I
> could have no such expectations, I would not use OpenBSD in the first
> place.  I have these expectations based on a very impressive security
> history for which the OpenBSD developers deserve much in the way of
> praise.
>
> Additionally, loyal OpenBSD users may be interested in the details of
> the vulnerability disclosure.  There very well maybe loyal OpenBSD
> users who wish to very politely inform ISC that there are large
> numbers of BIND users who would appreciate the same level of
> cooperation between ISC and OpenBSD as ISC affords others.

You know what I expect?

I expect the OpenBSD response will be excellent, and out on its own
timeframe.  Rushing a fix into place can be worse than not doing
anything at all.  I have no idea what they're doing, have no idea
with whom they may be talking.  But I know that it is being worked
on, and will be a reasoned response to the problem.

More than "expect", I trust OpenBSD.

--STeve Andre'