my mail wrote:
--- On Thu, 7/10/08, Jacob Meuser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Jacob Meuser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Can't install using pkg_add from FTP mirror and from Local Mirror
To: misc@openbsd.org
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 6:24 AM
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 07:45:01PM -0700, my mail wrote:
--- On Wed, 7/9/08, Jacob Meuser
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
my guess is you checked out or updated your ports tree
incorrectly.
you want 4.3 ports to match your 4.3 base, so you need to
use the
-rOPENBSD_4_3 tag with the cvs command.  otherwise, you
will get a
-current ports tree, and you will have problems.

http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html

thank you all (Jacob Meuser, Markus Lude, Louis V. Lambrecht, James Hartley)
for your help

i have reinstall my openbsd 4.3 and then use this -rOPENBSD_4_3 for update
ports, and now i have been able to install from packages and ports

it's my faults because i remember, i have update ports without -rOPENBSD_4_3
tags

i litle bit confused about release and stable, if i download ISO from
OpenBSD/4.3 ftp, then this is a release, then if i want using --stable, i must
using -rOPENBSD_4_3 tags for update ports, xenocara, src, and i been able using
packages for 4.3 release.

but what if i want using current tag, after i update ports, what packages i
must using? because when i using 4.3 packages, it's not works

thanks

Frankly, re-re-re-re-read the FAQ.
Since you just re-installed and still want -current packages, the best way would
be to grab a snapshot and do a fresh install.
Do this on a date at which your mirror has packages with the same date than
the snapshots. (or a day or two off).
Release updates are almost foolproof, updating from snapshots might break,
while a snapshot of the next day would be perfect.

My personal opinion:
when you have both the stock OS and sources and started installing packages,
I experienced it to be safe to keep pkg_add'ing for a week or two.
Certainly not do a cvs.
When packages fail to install, switch to installing the ports from source (still without
having done a cvs: keep OS. sources, ports tree at the same date).

Actually, I have 2 slices, one with a working environment, one with a testing environment. Yet another slice with my server's data, archives, distfiles, ...
Every 2 months or so I install a snapshot and most used packages on the
testing slice and switch the boot slice when all is well.

To be honest, I have a third installation on an USB key where I test the
snapshot. First an upgrade, and if it is OK, I upgrade the testing slice.
If not OK, I read misc@ and undeadly for hints and wait a couple of
weeks to try another snapshot.
Doing so, I have 2 (eventually 3) OSes to boot from and access my data and archives.

Current is where the team is developing, what works now can break in the next minutes,
and work perfectly half an hour later.

If you really need current, test it on a separate slice.
Don't touch a good working installation.

Before I forget:
mighty important!
keep copies of /var/backups on a safe place before upgrading/re-installing.
Time-saver.