On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Henning Brauer wrote:

* Xavier Millihs-Lacroix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-07-15 09:02]:
Sometimes when I boot a soekris box (net5501) - OpenBSD 4.3, I didn't get
each times an ip address for the pppoe0 link.
This is a problem as I can connect to this box only remotely.
I didn't find on the documentation how to reconnect automatically if the
link goes down.

pppoe automagically reconnects.

many ISPs have some logic to deny you from opening two ppp sessions,
so by the time your box reboots the old sessions has not yet timed
out. You can't do all that much but waiting for the old session to
expire, pppoe will retry all the time.

Just put "ifconfig pppoe0 down" in your rc.shutdown script and this problem should be solved. I wrote a short piece of code for rc.local, that was waiting for the pppoe link to come up, before I discoverd that.

Kind regards,
  Markus