Jason LaRiviere wrote:
> The current breed of standards-based web developers - which in my
> estimation form the bulk of all web developers currently doing
> anything anyone is seeing, and of which I am fairly representative,
> would think nothing of the sort.
>
> Truly well-versed web developers find cross-browser issues bothersome,
> but far from insurmountable; certainly not worthy of abandoning xhtml,
> css and javascript for something with funny names and registered
> trademarks.
>
> [...]
>
> At a bank? Yeesh...

Even javascript is completely unnecessary in many cases.  I've yet to
see an online banking system that's usable via /usr/bin/lynx, even
though the browser supports both SSL and cookies.

And we're talking about a site you log into specifically to shift
numbers around...  There need not be any images, videos, scripts, or
other bloat...

--
Stephen Takacs   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://perlguru.net/
    4149 FD56 D078 C988 9027  1EB4 04CC F80F 72CB 09DA