-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Hari
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:33 AM
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: DHCP question

fxp0: warning: SCB timed out (x 3)

Is 'SCB' a typo for 'SBC'?

I have SBC DSL, and did have some weirdness getting it to work, which I resolved by adding a line to my 'dhclient.conf' file:

supersede domain-name-servers [SBC.Name.Server.1], [SBC.Name.Server.2];

For my internet connection, I have a router that acts as a DHCP server
assigning IPs as 192.168.11.x. Why is the OpenBSD box not assigned an
IP by this router? Can anyone please let me know how I can get the
network up and running on the OpenBSD box?

I also had some trouble with the modem/router that SBC sends non-commercial users by default. I picked up the Netopia Router that SBC sends to its commercial clients on eBay, for 1/3 of what SBC sells it for, and it did DHCP with my OBSD box fine.

--
-wittig http://www.robertwittig.com/
        http://robertwittig.net/