Steve,

I saw this exact same behavior on a couple of servers with a 4.3-stable
build from 7/28.  Due to some differences in the way I built the -stable
release I decided to try again from scratch.  The 8/4 build of bsd +
base43.tgz have been working fine.  This seems to support the suggestion
that patch 005 might help.

-Steve S.

Of