On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Stuart Henderson wrote:

Generally, the LSI cards - there's a list in mpi(4) manual. If you
don't need to boot from them and want something cheap(ish), the Apple
cards using this driver are reasonably easy to find second-hand.

I'm using the "Apple" LSI Logic 2Gb FC cards in a couple systems.
There were some initial issues with my first installation, but with
some help from some of the mpi developers finally got it tracked down.
It turned out to be h/w issues on my part, one the BIOS had to be
upgraded on the Tyan motherboard in the system, two I had a bad SFP.

I'm about to get one of the newer 3.5Gb LSI cards to connect to a
Nexsan SATABeast.

diana