Lars NoodC)n <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have the main system on a smaller, pre-existing drive set up with a
> recent 4.4 i386 snapshot on a Dell Optiplex gx270.  Booting is normal
> until I add two SATA drives.

I assume you have already fiddled with BIOS options for boot device
order?  SATAs are generally quicker at most things than IDEs, and
there could be settings (BIOS ones) that automagically change once you
plug in the faster drives.  Worth checking anyway.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/