From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stuart
Henderson [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 0:29
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: Snapshot for i386 from 28.8. problem with X and pkg_add

On 2008-08-29, Tomas Bodzar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So about X and resolutin.Now I need only use startx for X system.I have
> resolution [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 75Hz is ok throw xrandr.No more need
move
> screen to left by OSD.

ah, good.

> BUT in default I have blinking scrollbars in xterm under
> root,after change rate to 75Hz by xrandr it's ok.When I start X by normal
> user,I have blinking scrollbars even after switch to 75Hz.

I don't know about this..

> DRI is not running.I thought,that it's enabled default in snaphosts as was
> write on undeadly for next release and testing.

it's in GENERIC, but disabled. you can enable it from "boot -c".
Before you had to compile a custom kernel.

> And now about pkg_add.When I try $sudo pkg_add -v
firefox-i18n-cs-2.0.0.16.tgz
> in xterm,I get Can not resolve and Fatal error.No other details.When I try
the
> same in CLI - it's OK and everything installed.
> PKG_PATH=ftp://anga.funkfeuer.at/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/i386/

your xterm is not running a login shell so it doesn't source .profile
where you presumably define PKG_PATH. I use t

XTerm*loginShell: true

in ~/.Xresources (and my .xsession is copied and edited from the system
Xsession file in /etc/X11/xdm, which merges it using xrdb).