From: Mark Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:54 AM

To: misc@openbsd.org

Cc: Tomas Bodzar

Subject: Re: Disappointment: New browser - *sigh*

Tomas Bodzar wrote:

> Eh?????

> What about New browser are you talking? ;-) I don't know,that lynx(1)

> which is in base (! ;-)) has option about:plugins .

> All others are not in base,just option and every user of OpenBSD know,that
> he/she must be careful about installing SW,which is not in base.

> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html

> especially this part is maybe too hard for someone to understand :

> The packages and ports collection does NOT go through the same thorough
> security audit that is performed on the OpenBSD base system. Although we
> strive to keep the quality of the packages collection high, we just do not
> have enough human resources to ensure the same level of robustness and
> security. Of course security updates for various applications are committed
> to the ports tree as soon as possible, and corresponding package security
> updates are made available as snapshots for -current.

> But maybe not every user as I read your mail.

Wtf is wrong with you ? The more I read your mails on this list the more you
look like a lost soul to me. As you're a noob to OpenBSD you might consider
keeping advices to yourself for a little while.

He's talking about G**gle Chr*me which is not in ports. BTW do you know what OT
means ?

If you don't understand a discussion then don't spam.

VADE RETRO TOMAS