On Sep 8, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Jonathan Gray wrote:

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 04:50:37PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
I am trying to get a SparkLAN WCFM-100 Compact Flash wireless card
working with wpa on a system running -current that is about equivalent to 4.4. I tried it on both an i386 laptop and on a zaurus system and I
get the same error on both when I try to enable wpa. The line from my
dmesg is as follows:

malo0 at pcmcia1 function 0 "Marvell, 802.11 CF, ID: 04" port 0xa000/128
malo0: address 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

When I try to enable wpa, I get the message:

ifconfig: SIOCS80211WPAPARMS: Operation not supported by device

From the current malo(4) man page and the commit logs, wpa should be
supported on malo(4) cards and I confirmed that it works fine with a
Netgear WG511v2 along with wpa. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thank you.

pcmcia malo or cmalo as the driver calls itself internally, is quite
different to pci/cardbus based malo.

Currently cmalo is setup for hardware based WEP, it will need
to be changed a bit to support WPA.

That makes sense. I am looking forward to eventually being able to use my zaurus on wpa networks. Is there value in adding that the SparkLAN WCFM-100 is supported in the malo(4) man page? Thank you for your response.

Bryan